Last updated: December 18, 2018
2. Type of information acquired and method and purpose of acquisition
The Application and Services acquire the following information for the indicated purposes:
(1) Information related to report creation
Description Functionality for creating reports sends the handset’s language setting, measurement file, and user-entered string data (such as the title of the report) to a server, which creates a PDF report.
Method of acquisition The Application acquires the information automatically whenever a report is created.
Purpose The information is used to convert the information sent by the user to the PDF format based on the language setting.
(2) Information related to inquiries
Description The server acquires inquiry information sent by the user as part of functionality that allows users to submit comments and requests concerning the Application.
Method of acquisition The server automatically acquires information sent by the user.
Purpose The information is used to respond to inquiries.
(3) Information related to functionalities and devices
Description The server acquires information of types of measurement file formats, model and serial numbers of connected devices, handset’s language settings and country used, type of operating systems, IDs to distinguish handsets and if the users use any other HIOKI’s application.
Method of acquisition The application and the server automatically acquire information.
Purpose It is used as anonymous statistical information for improving our service.
3. Permissions and purpose of use
The Application asks for permission to use the following device functionality for the indicated purposes:
(1) Bluetooth (use of Bluetooth devices) This permission is used by the Application to discovery, pair with, and communicate with HIOKI measuring instruments that are equipped with Bluetooth functionality.
(2) Location (access to location information) This permission is used by the Application to record location information (latitude and longitude) in measurement files.
(3) Camera (access to the camera) This permission is used while the Application is running by functionality that allows the user to use the camera to take photographs.
(4) Photos (access to the photo library) This permission is used while the Application is running by functionality that allows the user to save photographs taken using the Application.
5. Method of user participation
User participation in information used by the Service To stop use of user information, uninstall the Application. All information stored internally on the handset will be deleted. If you have used the export function to save data elsewhere, delete those files manually.
User participation in information used in advertising The Application does not display advertisements.
6. External data transmission, provision of information to third parties, and presence of an information module
External data transmission and provision of information to third parties Information acquired in accordance with Article 2 above is sent to a server operated by HIOKI or its agent and used for the purposes defined in Article 2. No information about the user is provided to any third parties, with the exception of HIOKI’s agents.
Handling of information if application includes an embedded information-gathering module The Application does not include a module for gathering user information.
Inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.